Valley Regional Hospital, then known as Cottage Hospital, was established in 1893 by the Ladies Union Aid Society (LUAS). LUAS was originally comprised of 13 women from area churches drawn together by a common bond to help the “feeble and poor”. They formed a volunteer corps and started Sullivan County’s first hospital, the third in New Hampshire. For more information about the past history of Valley Regional Hospital, click here.
We are fortunate to continue to have this dedicated and compassionate group volunteering and fundraising to support our mission to enhance the health of people in greater Sullivan County. LUAS members actively come together to raise funds for projects that provide those extra special touches of quality care that are so important: blanket warmers for oncology patients, glider rockers for new moms, and flat screen televisions for waiting areas are some recent projects. LUAS members also donated $25,000 to create five family waiting areas within the renovated hospital.
Ladies Union Aid Society
Valley Regional Hospital
243 Elm Street
Claremont, NH 03743